Karen's Day Boat Hire
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
1. The contract does not take effect until we have recieved and accepted a completed booking form and a non refundable deposit of £50.00 from the the hirer whose minimum age must be 21. The remainder of the fee will be due 7 days prior to the day of your trip. All money paid in advance will be forfeited in the event of a cancellation by the hirer unless the boat can be rebooked.
2. Karens day boat shall not be responsible for the consequences of delays or restrictions to cruising arising from from obstructions, damage or repairs to the navigation and associated structures, flooding, mechanical failure, shortage of water, industrial action, shortage or rationing of fuel. Cancellation by us maybe necessary for reasons beyond our control such as breakdown or damage to our boats or closure of waterway etc. In such cases all hire money paid will be refunded and no liability will be accepted for any other expenses consequential damages and costs however incurred by the hirer.
3. Normal boarding time is 9am, or by arrangement. Instructions will be given if required after which the hirer will be responsible for the boat and its equipment.
4. The boat should be returned by 4.30pm in a clean and tidy condition. A charge of £30.00 per hour will be charged for late return unless alternative arrangements are made at the time of departure. All or part of the security deposit may be forfeited if the boat is returned in a unreasonable dirty or damage condition or breakages.
5. Unsuitable Hirers. We reserve the right to decline a booking or refuse to hand over a boat to any person or group who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge. In such cases the contact will be discharged without further liability to either party. We reserve the right to repossess the boat at any time where an accident has occurred or in our opinion is likely to occur or where a boat is found to have more passengers than specified on the booking form or where the hirer is causing nuisance to the public. In such cases we shall not be liable to make a refund or any part of the hire charges or security deposits paid. No all male/female parties will be allowed unless otherwise agreed.
6. You may not take onboard without our approval portable heaters, lighting or electrical equipment or anything which may cause a danger to the boat or its occupants or equipment. Pets or live bait are not allowed onboard with out prior permission. Candles, tea lights, oil incense burners are not permitted on the boat.
7. Injury and damage. Karens boat hire is not liable for death or personal injury or loss or damage to your property (including any motor vehicles left in the yard) or that of any passenger unless it is caused by our willful default.
8. Accidents. The hirer has charge of the boat and is responsible for its safe navigation. No one under the age of 21 may control the boat without the supervision of an experienced adult. In the event of any accident involving the boat or any other craft or property it is the hirers responsibility to establish the names of any boat involved together with the names and addresses of it owners or hirer and report these facts to us as soon as possible with full details of the accident and damages.
No repairs may be put in hand without our consent. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to require reimbursement from the hirer of any uninsured repair or other costs however so arising causes by the actions or inactions of the hirer.
9. A security deposit of £100.00 is payable at the time of hire and provided that the boat and its equipment is returned clean and tidy, without loss or damage and the craft has not been involved in any accident, the deposit will be refunded in full. Cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils are provided. We reserve the right to seek reimbursement from the hirer the full cost of repair or replacement in respect of damage, breakages or loss.
10. The boat is insured but the hirer is responsible for the first £300.00 of any claim. That cover does not include personal accident, personal belongings or damage resulting from speeding or any malicious, deliberate or alcohol affected act. The hirer is responsible for his/her belongings.
11. The person in charge of the vessel not necessarily the hirer and at least one crew member must remain sober whilst navigating. Alcohol limits is defined by the public road traffic acts.
12. Restrictions. There should be no attempt to tow other craft, cruise after dark or take part in any race. Navigation should be with caution at all times observing speed restrictions and relevant by laws instructions and advice.
13. Picture identification must be shown with proof of address before taking the boat out.
14. Any dispute difference or question which may at any time arise out of the booking contact may be referred to the sole discretion of Karen's day boat hire to a single arbitrator to be agreed between the parties. The decision of such arbitrator including any direction as to payment of fees and costs in the arbitration shall be binding on both parties.